5 Things: MBTA Cuts, Police Logs, Weather Outlook
Here's Five Things. Thursday, Jan. 19, 2011.
Good morning, here are five things to know today:
1. A Closer Look at Impact of Proposed MBTA Cuts in Medford: Facing a massive projected deficit in the near future, the MBTA has proposed two scenarios shore up its finances. One would nearly decimate bus service in Medford, while the other would leave most routes intact, but calls for significant fare hikes.
2. Chance of Snow: There's a 30 percent chance of snow today and a 70 percent chance tonight, according to the National Weather Service. If snow does fall, it likely won't accumulate much, though. Highs are expected to be around 30 degrees.
3. Police Logs: There were three arrests over the long weekend. Check the weekend's police log.
4. Public Skating: Looking to brush up on your figure 8s and sow cows? Head to LoConte Rink between 10 a.m. and noon today for public skating.
5. Winter Softball Clinic Starts Today: The first of six weekly softball clinics at Medford High School is tonight at 7 p.m. Regstration is $50.