5 Things: MBTA's New Plan, Liquor Licenses, MHS Hall of Fame Ribbon Cutting
Here's Five Things. Thursday, March 29, 2012.
1. New MBTA Plan Spares Most Service, But Cuts Two Medford Bus Lines: A new plan from the MBTA calls for a 23 percent rise in fares and four bus routes cut to close the transit authority's projected $161 million budget gap, according to an MBTA press release. Fourteen other bus routes would be modified under the proposal, according to the MBTA. The 710 bus, operated by private carrier Joseph's Transportation, would be cut as part of the proposal, according to the MBTA. The 710 bus services North Medford, Medford Square and Wellington Station. The 355 bus would also be cut under the proposal. It is an express bus that runs from Woburn to Boston and makes a stop in Medford Square.
2. Mustang Hall of Fame Ribbon Cutting Tonight: A new showcase for the Mustang Hall of Fame will be unveiled at a 6 p.m. tonight in a ribbon cutting ceremony at Medford High. The event is scheduled from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Hall of Famers and others looking to attend should RSVP to Mark Romano at 781-393-8275 or email him at email@example.com.
3. Weather: There's a 30 percent chance of rain today -- most likely before 1 p.m. -- with highs expected in the upper 40s, according to the National Weather Service. Sunny skies are expected tomorrow with highs also in the upper 40s.
4. Drama Club Play Opens Tonight: The Drowsy Chaperone opens tonight at the Caron Theater at Medford High School with a 7:30 p.m. show. Tickets are $10.
5. Medford Councilors Move Forward with Talks of Reducing Restaurant Liquor Regulations: Medford City Councilors will consider calling for a reduction in required seating for a restaurant to hold a full liquor license. The council’s subcommittee on licensing unanimously moved a resolution Tuesday that calls for the council to request a home rule petition to reduce the required number of seats needed to apply for a full liquor license from 99 to 50. The resolution will be considered by the full city council in coming weeks.