5 Things to Know Today, Thursday, July 26
Here's Five Things.
Good morning, here's five things to know today:
Medford's June Foreclosure Numbers: The number of foreclosures in Medford last month was nearly the same as it was in June 2011, but year-to-date foreclosures remain well above last year's pace, according to recent data. There were nine foreclosure petitions entered in Medford in June compared to eight in June 2011, according to data from real estate publisher The Warren Group. Year-to-date, there had been 44 foreclosure petition entered in Medford as of the end of June, up nearly 30 percent from 34 in that time last year, according to the data.
Middlesex County Correction Officer Identified in Fatal Crash: The Middlesex County Sheriff's office has identified the correction officer who died in a single-car accident Wednesday morning. Edward “Teddy” Dillon III, 27, of Lowell died in the accident, which occurred about 4 a.m. Wednesday in Billerica, according to a press release from Sheriff Peter Koutoujian. Dillion was conducting a perimeter check of the county jail in Billerica during the 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. shift when the accident occurred. The state police's reconstruction unit is investigating the accident.
Readers Choice: Vote for your Medford favorites.
Weather: There's a 60 percent chance of rain today with highs expected around 82 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. There's a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms tomorrow.
List of Massachusetts Summer 2012 Olympians: Find out who's representing the Commonwealth in London.