Details of Dalai Lama's Visit to Medford Today
Where to watch and when it starts.
The leader of Tibetan Buddhism will speak in a ticketed event at the center located on Magoun Avenue that begins at 10 a.m. here's the schedule of events (Courtesy of Kurukulla Center):
- 10:00 a.m.: Video of the History of Kurukulla Center projects on big screen
- 11 a.m.: Emcees make general announcements & introduce 1st Tibetan children's song/performance
- 11:30 a.m.: Emcees introduce second Tibetan children's song/performance
- 12:10 p.m.: Emcees introduce Relics Tour ceremony and request contemplative silence from audience
- 12:45 p.m.: Emcees ask everyone to take their seats and welcome them to Kurukulla and make general announcements
- 12:50 p.m.: Emcees make security announcements
- 12:55 p.m.: Emcees introduce Geshe Ngawang Tenley, who will introduce the Sikyong Dr. Lobsang Sangay (approx 30 minutes, will speak in Tibetan & English)
- 1:30 p.m.: approximate arrival time of the Dalai Lama
- 3:30 p.m.: approximate departure of the Dalai Lama
The event, which will be held in front of about 1,800 people, is sold out. But there will be a marketplace set up on Washington Street, including a projection monitor for those who wish to watch but don't have a ticket. It will also be streamed online at MadeInMedford.com.
Those who have tickets should leave their phones at home or in their car -- they won't be allowed inside the tented area where the events will take place, according to organizers.