Fire Log: High Rise Fire and a Roof Fire at Tufts
The Medford Fire Department's fire log, Nov. 10 to Nov. 16
The Medford Fire Department responded to two building fires between Nov. 10 and Nov. 16. The first was at 520 Boston Ave on the campus of Tufts.
A firefighter working a welding detail there Friday morning asked for response for a smoking roof, according to a fire department report. Firefighters found that heat had traveled into the insulation between the rubber roof and steel deck of the building, causing a small fire, according to the report.
On Monday evening, a fire at Mystic Place apartments caused one of the complex towers to be evacuated. No cause has been made available yet by Medford Fire Department.
- 9:31 a.m., car fire, 392 Main St.
- 9:54 a.m., motor vehicle accident, Mystic Valley Parkway
- 5:51 p.m., electrical wire down, 549 Main St.
- 6:51 p.m., carbon monoxide, 167 Fells Ave.
- 10:35 a.m., building fire, 520 Boston Ave.
- 3:23 p.m., motor vehicle accident, Mystic Ave.
- 1:25 a.m., motor vehicle accident, 909 Fellsway (BJ's)
- 10:19 a.m., natural gas leak, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway
- 2:58 p.m., motor vehicle accident, I-93 North
- 9:49 p.m., mutual aid, Chelsea
- 4:29 a.m., cooking fire, 22 Allston St.
- 1:44 p.m., mutual aid, Malden
- 4:51 p.m., cooking fire, 3620 Mystic Valley Parkway
- 5:50 p.m., cooking fire, 27 Ramshead Rd.
- 8:39 p.m., building fire, 3610 Mystic Valley Parkway
- 7:56 a.m., motor vehicle accident, 118 Harvard Ave
- 9:17 a.m., motor vehicle accident, Station Landing
- 1:00 p.m., motor vehicle accident, Salem St. Rotary
- 3:52 p.m., motor vehicle accident, High St. and Johnson Ave.