Five Great Sledding Spots in the Medford Area
With all the fresh snowfall from the first blizzard of the year, now is the time to take advantage of these sledding hot spots.
With the projected snowfall totals for Saturday continuing to climb and schools out on winter break, this weekend could be the perfect time to head out to sled or snow tube.
Several locations in the Medford area are perfect winter wonderlands. However, you'll need to bring your own sledding equipment to these five popular sledding destinations:
- Fellsmere Pond, Off Fellsway East, near Medford/Malden line: Accessible on the Fellsway East, this area near Fellsmere Park is an old favorite with people from the area for sledding and snow tubing.
- Bear Hill Golf Course, 2 North St., Stoneham: Bear Hill, which is a nine-hole golf course during the warm weather months, is a great local sledding option during the winter.
- Mount Hood Golf Course, 100 Slayton Road, Melrose: Mount Hood is routinely voted one of the best sledding areas in Massachusetts.
- Sheepfold Area of Middlesex Fells, Off Route 28 in Stoneham: Sheepfold is best known as a local dog-friendly park but its fields and hills offer some great terrain to sled on.
- Professors Row at Tufts University, Professors Row in Medford: With the students gone on break, the hills at Tufts are prime for sledding.
Know a great spot for sledding in Medford or nearby that we missed? Tell us in the comments!