Five Things: Hoops, Exercise, and More Hoops
Here's five things for Friday, Jan. 13.
1. Hoops for a Cause: On Feb. 2, the Andrews Middle School will be holding a technology fundraiser featuring a basketball game between the AMS All-Stars and the Harlem Wizards. AMS PTO members will be at Medford High School tomorrow from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. selling tickets for the event.
2. Fifty-fifty: There will be a 50 percent chance of showers today, but otherwise partly sunny, breezy with a high temperature of 47 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The temperature will slide down to 26 degrees during the night with partly cloudy skies.
3. I want...: Now that the new year has settled in, Medford Patch wants to ask our readers what they think should be the top priorities for the town and elected officials in 2012. Take our Patch poll.
4. Work It: Feeling a little out of shape after the holidays? Well, then check out the Unitarian Universalist Church's Boot Camp today.
5. Stay Local: Before watching the Harlem Wizards in February, go see your own Medford High School girls basketball team. The 6-1 Mustangs host Somerville 7 p.m. tonight at the high school.