Five Things: Free Skating Returns to LoConte Rink
What Medford should know today, Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012.
Here are five things to know today, Tuesday, Dec. 4:
1. Sunny today, chance of showers tonight. Today will be mostly sunny in Medford with a high near 56. Tonight, a 50 percent chance of showers, mainly after 10 p.m. Otherwise mostly cloudy with a low around 46.
2. Free skate at LoConte Rink. Free admission public skating returns today and every Tuesday from 10 a.m. to noon at the newly renovated LoConte Rink in Medford until late March 2013. Skate Rentals are available from the skate shop for $5.
3. Cheese tasting tonight. Get ready to expand your repertoire and delight your palate at The Art of Cheese Tasting tonight from 6:30-8 p.m. at Whole Foods. Expert cheesemonger, Edward Humble, who brings a wealth of knowledge about cheese and all things culinary, will be there to teach participants how to taste fine cheeses the way the experts do. This class is free but due to limited seating you must sign up at customer service.
4. Get fit with Medford Community Schools. Classes include Zumba with Nanci Palladino on Wednesday nights at 6:30 and Saturday morning at 8:50; Bootcamp with Kristine Barry on Monday and Wednesday nights; and Yoga on Tuesday nights at 6:30 for $5 in early 2013. For more info, "like" Medford Community Schools on Facebook.
5. Quilting Group. The Unitarian Universalist Church hosts regular two and a half hour quilting sessions every Tuesday night from 6-8:30 p.m. out of the Osgood House at the Unitarian Universalist Church. The group is run by Camilla Fox. It's a great opportunity to learn some new techniques, socialize and share some of your best work with fellow quilters in the community.