Five Things: Have Your Business Featured on Patch
Paul McCartney got a major honor on this day in 1997.
SONG OF THE DAY: "Paranoid Android" by Radiohead
Good morning, Medford! Here are five things you need to know today, Monday, March 11:
1. BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT: Do you run a Medford business? Would you like that business to be featured with a Business Spotlight article on Medford Patch? Send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. T CUTS, HIKES LOOMING?: We told you Friday about the tough decisions the MBTA is facing regarding their service in the future. What do you think about what they are up against and what would you suggest they do?
3. GET THE PATCH NEWSLETTER: Have you signed up for the Medford Patch Daily Newsletter yet? Each morning you can get Medford Patch news delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. It's totally free, so if you like what you read here, sign up now!
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: On this day in 1997, Paul McCartney, a former member of the most successful rock band in history, The Beatles, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his "services to music." The 54-year-old lad from Liverpool became Sir Paul in a centuries-old ceremony of pomp and solemnity at Buckingham Palace in central London. Fans waited outside in a scene reminiscent of Beatlemania of the 1960s. Crowds screamed as McCartney swept through the gates in his chauffeur-driven limousine and he answered with a thumbs-up. Information courtesy of History.com.
5. TODAY'S FORECAST: Cloudy with a chance for showers, high of 50. Mostly cloudy with a chance for more showers and a low of 40.