Five Things: Mmmm...Girl Scout Cookies!
Tagalongs are the best...if you say anything different you're incorrect.
SONG OF THE DAY: "Time" by Merchandise
Good morning, Medford! Here are five things you need to know today, Wednesday, Jan. 9:
1. GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SALE: Medford Girl Scouts will be selling Girl Scout Cookies at Medford City Hall from 4:30 to 7:30 today.
2. FAMILY NETWORK WORKSHOP: Medford Family Network is presenting a free workshop for parents/guardians of middle school-aged children tonight from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the McGlynn Middle School library.
It's the first of three workshops and more information including how to register is available here.
3. LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: Did you know Medford Patch is on Facebook? We're trying to get up to 1,000 likes as quickly as possible and we'd love to have your help. If you're on Facebook head over to our page and give us a like!
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: On this day in 1493, Italian explorer Christopher Columbus, sailing near the Dominican Republic, sees three "mermaids"--in reality manatees--and describes them as "not half as beautiful as they are painted." Six months earlier, Columbus (1451-1506) set off from Spain across the Atlantic Ocean with the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria, hoping to find a western trade route to Asia. Instead, his voyage, the first of four he would make, led him to the Americas, or "New World." Information courtesy of History.com.
5. TODAY'S FORECAST: Mostly sunny with a high of 46. Partly cloudy tonight with a low of 30.