Five Things: New Year's Eve Edition
What Medford should know today, Monday, Dec. 31, 2012.
Here are five things to know today, Monday, Dec. 31:
1. Back above freezing (barely). After a wind chilled weekend, today in Medford will be mostly sunny with a high near 33, according to the National Weather Service. West wind 9 to 11 mph. Tonight, mostly cloudy with a low around 27. West wind around 10 mph.
2. What's open on New Year's? We've got a list here, along with the MBTA schedule for tonight and tomorrow.
3. Morning Meditation and Self-Care. Start off your week at 10 a.m. at the Medford Public Library for this free weekly class. The basics of meditation will be discussed. Participants will do warm-up/self-care techniques to relax and release tension, then meditation.
4. Story Time at the library. Visit the Medford Public Library each Monday and Wednesday at 10 a.m. for Story Time for kids ages 2 to 5. Listen to stories and do a simple craft. No registration necessary.
5. New Moms Support Group. This free, weekly support group, sponsored by the Center for Early Relationship Support of JF&CS and held at the Medford Family Network, is open to new parents and babies (birth to one year old) of all faiths and races. Held each Monday at 10:30 a.m. No registration required.