Five Things: Winter Boot Drive
What Medford should know today, Friday, Dec. 28, 2012.
Here are five things to know today, Friday, Dec. 28:
1. Clear skies return. Mostly sunny today in Medford with a high near 37, according to the National Weather Service. Breezy, with a northwest wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Toight, increasing clouds with a low around 23. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
2. Winter boot drive. Kids Footstop is partnering with Cradles-to-Crayons for the second year to help collect winter boots. Massachusetts has a need for 8,000 winter boots this season, so check your attics and closets for gently worn kids' snow boots and donate. In an effort to help, Kids Footstop will take $5 off each new Kamik or Bogs snow boot for each donated boot.
3. ICYMI—former little league officials charged with embezzlement. A father and son who have served as president and treasurer of the West Medford Little League organization for years have been charged with larceny for allegedly stealing more than $50,000 from the league, according to Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone's office.
4. Music at Salvatore's. There's live music at Salvatore's tonight and every Friday.
5. Got a New Year's resolution for Medford? We want to know your resolutions for the city this coming year: What would you like to see Medford accomplish or finish as a city?