Five Things: Winter Farmers' Market Start Today
What Medford should know today, Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012.
Here are five things to know today, Thursday, Dec. 6:
1. Sunny and cooler. Today in Medford will be sunny with a high near 40, according to the National Weather Service. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy with a low around 29. Light southwest wind.
2. Winter farmers' market kicks off today. The Medford Farmers Market invites the public to continue shopping local and independent. The Market's first Winter Season will be held in the Hyatt Place hotel in Medford Square, just across the street from the site of the summer Farmers Market. It will be open every Thursday (except the Dec. 27), from 3-7 p.m.
3. Holiday celebration. RE/MAX Andrew Realty Services with Andrew & Quinn Insurance and Carroll’s Restaurant will be hosting a holiday celebration today from 2-7 p.m. at the RE/MAX office, 12 High St. Complimentary food and beverages provided by Carroll’s Restaurant. The Celtics mascot, Lucky the Leprechaun, will have a special story time reading for the youngsters and Santa and local carolers will be in attendance spreading holiday cheer. Guests are also invited to bring a new, unwrapped toy to benefit Boston Children’s Hospital.
4. Job search networking group. This weekly Job Search Networking Group meets Thursdays from 10-11 a.m. at Bestsellers Cafe. Join each week in a casual and friendly environment, complete with our delicious food and beverages. Chat with others who are searching for employment and share your experiences.
5. Youth hockey fall/winter programs. Medford Youth Hockey and Medford Girls' Hockey is running "Learn to Ice Skate" and instructional clinic 20-week programs for boys and girls 4-12 years old. Programs are held every Thursday at 6 p.m. and every Saturday at noon at LoConte Rink. Registrations will be accepted any Thursday or Saturday.