Help Us Hit a Facebook Milestone
Also in your five things to know today, the Iraq war began 10 years ago today.
SONG OF THE DAY: "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake
Good morning, Medford! Here are five things you need to know today, Tuesday, March 19:
1. CITY COUNCIL: The Medford City Council is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 in the Howard F. Alden Auditorium at Medford City Hall. Here is their agenda.
2. FACEBOOK MILESTONE: We are just 81 likes away from hitting our goal of 1,000 Medford Patch Facebook likes. Tell your friends on Facebook how much you like Medford Patch so we can hit our goal by the end of March!
3. GET THE PATCH NEWSLETTER: Have you signed up for the Medford Patch Daily Newsletter yet? Each morning you can get Medford Patch news delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. It's totally free, so if you like what you read here, sign up now!
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: On this day in 2003, the United States, along with coalition forces primarily from the United Kingdom, initiates war on Iraq. Just after explosions began to rock Baghdad, Iraq's capital, U.S. President George W. Bush announced in a televised address, "At this hour, American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger." President Bush and his advisors built much of their case for war on the idea that Iraq, under dictator Saddam Hussein, possessed or was in the process of building weapons of mass destruction. Information courtesy of History.com.
5. TODAY'S FORECAST: Snow and rain in the morning turning into sleet in the afternoon with a high of 39. Rain likely tonight with a chance of more snow, low of 28.