Medford High Football Fundraiser Tonight
Check out the commuter rail Lowell line adjustments coming this weekend in today's Five Things.
SONG OF THE DAY: "Let Down" by Radiohead
Good morning, Medford! Here are five things you need to know today, Thursday, March 21:
1. COMMUTER RAIL ADJUSTMENTS: The commuter rail's Lowell line, which stops at the West Medford station, will have adjustments this weekend due to bridge work in Somerville. See what those adjustments are here.
2. FOOTBALL FUNDRAISER: The Medford High School football team is holding a fundraiser tonight at the Dockside Restaurant located at 229 Centre St. in Malden. To participate you'll need a "Dining for Dollars" ticket. More information is available here.
3. GET THE PATCH NEWSLETTER: Have you signed up for the Medford Patch Daily Newsletter yet? Each morning you can get Medford Patch news delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. It's totally free, so if you like what you read here, sign up now!
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: Ayrton Senna da Silva, the three-time Formula One (F1) world champion, is born on this day in 1960, in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Senna's celebrated career was cut short in 1994 when he died at the age of 34 following a crash at a Grand Prix race in Italy. At the time of his death, he was considered by many to be the world's best F1 driver. Information courtesy of History.com.
5. TODAY'S FORECAST: Partly sunny in the morning with a high of 39. Mostly cloudy tonight with a 40 percent chance of snow showers and a low of 25.