Medford Woman Takes $1 Million Jackpot
There's a candidate for the Medford City Council in your Five Things today.
SONG OF THE DAY: "All the Time" by the Strokes
Good morning, Medford! Here are five things you need to know today, Wednesday, March 20:
1. OSBORNE ANNOUNCES CANDIDACY: Medford attorney Neil Osborne became the first resident to publicly declare their candidacy for the Medford City Council in this year's election earlier this week. Check out the video he posted on Patch.
2. MEDFORD LOTTERY WINNER: Christine Jantz of Medford recently took home a $1 million jackpot from the Massachusetts Lottery. Congrats to Christine!
3. GET THE PATCH NEWSLETTER: Have you signed up for the Medford Patch Daily Newsletter yet? Each morning you can get Medford Patch news delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. It's totally free, so if you like what you read here, sign up now!
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: On this day in 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson notifies Alabama's Governor George Wallace that he will use federal authority to call up the Alabama National Guard in order to supervise a planned civil rights march from Selma to Montgomery. Information courtesy of History.com.
5. TODAY'S FORECAST: Mostly sunny with a chance of flurries in the morning and a high of 42.