On the Agenda: Senate Primary To Be Set
See the polling places and times for next month's special Senate primary.
The Medford City Council's agenda is a light one tonight, with the only resolution on the agenda involving the setting of the upcoming U.S. Senate special primary election.
The primary will be taking place Tuesday, April 30 to decide the Democratic and Republican nominees for the Tuesday, June 25 special election to fill the U.S. Senate seat vacated by Secretary of State John Kerry.
According to the agenda, polls will be open April 30 in Medford from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The following are the voting wards and precincts as outlined in the agenda:
- Ward 1, Precinct 1 Andrews Middle School, 3000 Mystic Vly. Pkwy.
- Ward 1, Precinct 2 Fire Fighters Club, 340 Salem Street
- Ward 2, Precinct 1 St. Francis Parish Center, Fellsway and Fulton St.
- Ward 2, Precinct 2 Roberts Elementary School, 35 Court St. (Park Street)
- Ward 3, Precinct 1 Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 170 Governors Ave.
- Ward 3, Precinct 2 Temple Shalom, 475 Winthrop Street
- Ward 4, Precinct 1 Tufts University, Gantcher Center Rear, 161 College Ave.
- Ward 4, Precinct 2 Walkling Court, Auburn and North St. (Fondacaro Center)
- Ward 5, Precinct 1 Columbus Elementary School, 37 Hicks Ave.
- Ward 5, Precinct 2 Columbus Elementary School, 37 Hicks Ave.
- Ward 6, Precinct 1 West Medford Fire Station, 26 Harvard Ave.
- Ward 6, Precinct 2 Brooks Elementary School, 388 High St.
- Ward 7, Precinct 1 Mystic Valley Towers, North Building Entrance
- Ward 7, Precinct 2 McGlynn K-8 Public School, 3004 Mystic Vly. Pkwy.
- Ward 8, Precinct 1 Senior Center, 101 Riverside Ave.
- Ward 8, Precinct 2 Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall – 114 Mystic Ave.