Police Log: Man Charged with Assault on Pregnant Woman
Medford police log. Monday, July 16 to Thursday, July 19, 2012.
A Yale Street man was arrested at his home Tuesday on charges stemming from allegedly assaulting a pregnant woman.
Steven Karnes, 28, of 15 Yale St., was arrested about 5 p.m. Tuesday and charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and assault and battery on a pregnant person, according to police.
Here's a look at some of the events from the police log (Charges are alleged. Locations, events and times appear as they are recorded by police):
Monday, July 16
- 9:50 a.m., breaking and entering, 75 Park St.
- ARREST: 9:50 a.m., 11 Belle Ave. Info: James McDonough, 54, Everett, breaking and entering
- 2:29 p.m., larceny, 620 Fellsway (Dunkin' Donuts)
- 7:56 p.m., breaking and entering, 607 Fellsway
- 9:11 p.m., breaking and entering, 273 High St.
- ARREST: 11:49 p.m., 65 College Ave. Info: Samantha Merrill, 23, Somerville, outstanding warrant
Tuesday, July 17
- 2:20 a.m., vandalism, 8 Taintyer St.
- 7:12 a.m., assault, 135 Middlesex Ave.
- 8:35 a.m., larceny, 19 St. Mary St.
- ARREST: 4:59 p.m., 15 Yale St. Info: Steven Karnes, 28, 15 Yale St., assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, assault and battery on a pregnant person
- 12:10 p.m., breaking and entering, 51 Winchester St.
- 2:22 p.m., larceny, 9 Yale St.
- 5:36 p.m., larceny, 50 Water St.
- 9:46 p.m., larceny, 116 Riverside Ave. (Hyatt Place)
Wednesday, July 18
- 11:27 a.m., assault, 19 Marston St.
- 2:09 p.m., shoplifting, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Kohl's)
- 4:01 p.m., larceny, 8 Tainter St.
- 4:28 p.m., larceny from a motor vehicle, 121 Fourth St.
- 6:19 p.m., larceny from a motor vehicle
Thursday, July 19
- 11:20 a.m., vandalism, 30 South St.
- 1:33 p.m., vandalism, 10 Talbot St.
- 2:24 p.m., assault, 92 Fellsway West
- 7:42 p.m., breaking and entering, 607 Fellsway
- 7:51 p.m., larceny, 21 Revere Beach Parkway
- 8:31 p.m., shoplifting, 467 Salem St.