Police Log: Man Faces Drunk Driving Charge for Second Time
Medford police log. Monday, July 23 to Thursday, July 26, 2012.
A Lawrence man arrested Thursday night faces a drunk driving charge for the second time.
Candido Castenada, 36, was pulled over about 9:30 p.m. Thursday on Fellsway West for a marked lanes violation, and was subsequently arrested on charges of operating under the influence of liquor for a second offense and having alcohol in an open container, according to the police log.
Here's a look at some of the events from the police log (Charges are alleged. Locations events and times appear as they are recorded by police):
Monday, July 23
- 12:48 p.m., shoplifting, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Marshalls)
- 4:30 p.m., assault, 37 Sydney St.
- 5:45 p.m., larceny, 90 Station Landing (MBTA lot)
- 6:17 p.m., assault, 510 Main St.
Tuesday, July 24
- 7:02 a.m., breaking and entering, 83 Spring St.
- 10:30 a.m., breaking and entering, 42 Cushing St.
- 11:08 a.m., vandalism, 121 Third St.
- 1:18 p.m., vandalism, 47 Wareham St.
- 3:31 p.m., fire, 39 Norwich Circle
- 6:48 p.m., vandalism, 160 High St. (Grace Episcopal Church)
- 6:56 p.m., fight, Spring Street Extension
Wednesday, July 25
- 12:01 a.m., breaking and entering, 81 Fountain St.
- ARREST: 12:01 a.m., 81 Fountain St. Info: Joseph McCarron, 25, 103 Water St., larceny, breaking and entering into a vehicle or boat
- 9:26 a.m., larceny, 154 Main St.
- 11:24 a.m., breaking and entering, 76 Saunders St.
- 4:07 p.m., breaking and entering, 25 Newbern Ave.
- 4:17 p.m., assault, 63 Century St.
- 7:05 p.m., fight, 165 Sharon St.
Thursday, July 26
- 10:14 a.m., larceny, 289 Elm St.
- ARREST: 5:34 p.m., 249 Spring St. Info: David Lester, 23, 24 Hamlin Ave., outstanding warrant
- 6:17 p.m., shoplifting, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Spencer Gifts)
- 7:41 p.m., breaking and entering, 44 Sixth St.
- 9:28 p.m., assault, 47 Andrews St.
- ARREST: 9:33 p.m., Fellsway West Info: Candido Castenada, 36, Lawrence, operating under the influence - second offense, alochol in an open container, marked lanes violation