Police Log: Two Arrested on Charges Stemming from Alleged Check Forgery
Medford police log. Monday, Aug. 13 to Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012.
Two people were arrested this week after forged checks were allegedly passed at Stop and Shop supermarket on the Fellsway.
Cindy Carley, 26 of Dorchester was arrested about 4:45 p.m. Monday at Stop and Shop after police received a report of counterfeit checks being passed there, according to the police log. Carley is charged with uttering a false check and forgery of a check, as well as outstanding warrants stemming from charges of larceny by check and use of another's personal identificaiton, according to police.
On Tuesday, about 5 p.m., Brian Corcoran, 26, of Waltham, turned himself in to Medford police on two counts of larceny over $250, two counts of forgery of a check, and one count each of larceny over $250 by false pretenses, uttering a false check and larceny from a building, according to police. Corcorand also faced an outstanding warrant stemming from a charge of attempt to commit a crime.
Here's a look at some of the events from the police log (Charges are alleged. Locations, events and times appear as they are recorded by police):
Monday, Aug. 13
- ARREST: 10:10 a.m., 440 Riverside Ave. Info: Michael Hammond, 41, Haverhill, outstanding warrant
- 1:26 p.m., larceny, 760 Fellsway (Stop and Shop)
- 1:47 p.m., breaking and entering, 408 Main St.
- 4:23 p.m., larceny, 18 Canal St.
- 4:48 p.m., counterfeit money passed, 760 Fellsway (Stop and Shop)
- ARREST: 4:48 p.m., 760 Fellsway Info: Cindy Carley, 26, Dorchester, uttering a false check, forgery of a check, outstanding warrants
- 8:15 p.m., larceny, 17 Morrison St.
- 11:19 p.m., shoplifting, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Kohl's)
- ARREST: 11:19 p.m., 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway Info: Erin Sullivan, 32, Somerville, larceny over $250
- 11:33 p.m., fight, 143 Exchange Ave.
Tuesday, Aug. 14
- ARREST: 4:54 p.m., 100 Main St. Info: Brian Corcoran, 26, Waltham, larceny over $250 (two counts), larceny over $250 by false pretenses, forgery of a check (two counts), uttering a false check, larceny from a building, outstanding warrant
- 9:22 a.m., shoplifting, 61 Locust St. (Shaw's)
- 10:53 a.m., vandalism, 24 Congress Ave.
- 7:20 p.m., vandalism, 428 Salem St.
Wednesday, Aug. 15
- 9:21 a.m., larceny of a motor vehicle, 43 Winthrop St.
- 11:32 a.m., larceny, 116 Riverside Ave. (Hyatt Place Hotel)
- ARREST: 5:36 p.m., 454 Salem St. Info: Jonathan Devereaux, 23, no address given, possession of a class A drug, possession to distribute a drug, outstanding warrant
- 8:53 p.m., larceny from a motor vehicle, Tufts Park
- 11:57 p.m., vandalism, 50 Newbern Ave.
Thursday, Aug. 16
- ARREST: 9:17 a.m., 100 Main St. Info: Ronald Pierre, 28, Dorchester, outstanding warrant
- 12:15 p.m., larceny, 395 Riverside Ave.
- 5:33 p.m., shoplifting, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Kohl's)