Robbery Suspect Nabbed; A Look at Keno in Medford
Here's five things. Wednesday, June 29, 2011.
Good morning, Medford. Here's five things to know today:
Armed Robbery Suspect Arrested: A Somerville man suspected of robbing stores in Medford, Somerville and Winchester at gunpoint was arrested, Winchester police said.
45 Businesses Operate Keno in Medford: Lions Liquor, a Medford liquor store, withdrew a request to become the 46th business to operate Keno or Keno-to-go. Twelve Medford shops offer Keno and 33 offer Keno-to-Go, according to data from the State Lottery. Comparatively, Malden has 56 stores with some form of Keno while Arlington has 19.
Music and Words at the Library: Join musician Yani Batteau and writer Judah Leblang at 7 p.m. for an evening of song, poetry and memoir at Medford Public Library.
New Moms Support Group: Mothers of new-borns can head to this weekly session, held every Wednesday at 12 p.m. at Medford Family Network in Medford High School.
A Chance of T-Storms: Highs will top out in the low 80s today with an 80 percent chance of thunderstorms, according to the National Weather Service. Similar temperatures tomorrow with a 20 percent chance of rain.