Teen Faces Assault to Murder Charge in Medford Square Stabbing
Medford police log. Friday, Oct. 26 to Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012.
A Melrose teen faces a charge of assault to murder after allegedly stabbing a man in a fight in Medford Square.
Derik DeAngelo, 19, and another man were allegedly in a fist fight about 9:30 p.m. Friday near 35 Riverside Ave. when DeAngelo pulled out a knife and stabbed the victim.
He is charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and assault to murder. Further information on the incident was not immediately available Monday.
DeAngelo was expected to be arraigned in Somerville District Court Monday morning.
Here's a look at some of the events from the police log (Charges are alleged. Locations, times and events appear as they are recorded by police):
Friday, Oct. 26
- ARREST: 12:47 a.m., Harvard Street Info: Louis Nocera, 21, 190 Fellsway West, leaving the scene of property damage
- 8:46 a.m., breaking and entering, Central Avenue (Morrison Park)
- 10:31 a.m., vandalism, 185 Fulton St.
- ARREST: 12:42 p.m., 457 Salem St. Info: Rhonda Stalker, 44, Billerica, possession of a class B drug, alcohol from an open container
- 3:42 p.m., larceny, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Marshall's)
- 6:29 p.m., larceny, 41 Bonner Ave.
- 7:19 p.m., assault, 40 Lambert St.
- 7:21 p.m., larceny, Middlesex Avenue
- 8:28 p.m., shoplifting, 630 Fellsway (Off Broadway Shoe)
- ARREST: 9:24 p.m., 35 Riverside Ave. Info: Derik DeAngelo, 19, Melrose, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, assault to murder
- 10:55 p.m., assault, 55 Station Landing (Pizzeria Regina)
Saturday, Oct. 27
- 9:37 a.m., shoplifting, 49 Station Landing
- 1:11 p.m., larceny, 54 Cherry St.
- 6:58 p.m., larceny, 16 Intervale Ave.
Sunday, Oct. 28
- 12:38 a.m., larceny, 114 Sydney St.
- 4:07 a.m., larceny of a motor vehicle, 5 Harris Road
- 8:00 a.m., breaking and entering, 65 Sydney St.
- 1:46 p.m., shoplifting, 49 Station Landing (Walgreens)
- ARREST: 4:07 p.m., Morton Avenue Info: Michael Collins, 35, Revere, assault and battery, destruction of property
- 5:32 p.m., assault, 36 Dunbar Ave.