Invite a friend
Author Signing Table - Edith Maxwell
Meet Edith Maxwell, author of "Speaking of Murder".
The murder of a talented student at a small New England college thrusts linguistics professor Lauren Rousseau into the search for the killer. Lauren is a determined Quaker with an ear for accents. Her investigation exposes small town intrigues, academic blackmail and a clandestine drug cartel that now has its sights set on her.Convinced that the key to the crime lies hidden in her dead student’s thesis, Lauren races to solve the mystery while an escalating trail of misfortune circles ever closer. Her department chair behaves suspiciously. A century-old local boat shop is torched. Lauren’s best friend goes missing—and the unsettled relationship with her long-time lover threatens to implode just when she needs him the most.
Speaking of Murder was first runner up for the Linda Howard Award for Excellence in March of 2012.
More About Bestsellers Cafe
Bestsellers Cafe is a locally owned coffee shop and bookstore that carries a large selection of books for children and adults and serves coffee, espresso drinks, baked goods, sandwiches and soups. Some items on the menu are gluten-free, vegan, or vegetarian. Book orders can be deivered to customers in the local area. Author talks and special events are also offered here. Bestsellers has a number of tables and chairs in a cozy cafe seating area which looks out on the Mystic River.
Other events here
- E-readers, E-reading, & you! Tomorrow, May 23, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Author Event - Barbara Shapiro Mon, Jun 10, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Lecture and book presentation Sat, Jun 15, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
- Author Event - Dr. Lisa Wong Sat, Jun 15, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Author Event - Lizzie Stark, Ethan Gilsdorf, Peter Bebergal Sun, Jun 16, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Author Event - Edith Maxwell and Liz Mugavero Sat, Jun 29, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm