I love going to the Medford Farmer's Market. I used to think that going to a farmers market was an opportunity to get inexpensive food. I've since learned that that's not why you go to a farmer's market.
The top 10 reasons why I love our local farmer's market:
10. Fresh picked fruits and veggies
9. Supporting local farmers
8. Great local entertainment
7. My children beg me to go
6. Wine tasting
5. Local non-profits share information, last year I learned about our local Boys & Girls Club
4. We always run into friends and neighbors.
3. My daughter found a delicious beef stew last week
2. My son begs me to buy him fresh baked bread
1. My other son begs me to buy him kale and he eats it!
Why do you love the love the Farmer's Market?
This post is cross-posted from Green Lifestyle Consulting, Alicia & Jon's green living blog.