At a Glance:
February 11th (Tue) -- Coaches meeting for anyone interested in coaching in the Majors & Minors. Medford High School, room v220. 7-9pm
February 28th -- Last day to register before Late Fee
March 15th (Sat) -- Tryouts for 10-12 year-olds are 7:30-9:30 AM, 7-9's are from 5-7 PM
March 19th (Wed) -- Tryouts for 7-9's are from 6-7:30 PM, 10-12's are from 7:30-9 PM
March 22nd (Sat) -- Tryouts for 7-9's are 7:30-9:30 AM, 10-12's are from 5-7 PM
April 26th (Sat) -- Opening Day! Big to-do! Parade, opening ceremonies, games, food, fun!
May 3rd (Sat) -- Opening Day (Rain Date)
May 17th (Sat) -- Picture Day
June 7th (Sat) -- (tentative) Majors and Minors -- Last scheduled regular season games. Playoffs begin shortly after.
June 14th (Sat) -- (tentative) T-Ball and Farm BBQ
February 28th is the last day to register before the late fee. Teams will be picked shortly after tryouts.
Picture and Medical Waivers (as required by Little League) are available on the website.
http://www.eteamz.com/ MedfordLittleLeague/files/ Medical_Release_Form.pdf
http://www.eteamz.com/ MedfordLittleLeague/files/ MLLWaivers.rtf
https://active.leagueone.com/ Olr/Pages/Welcome.aspx?ClubId= 12614
https://www.eteamz.com/ MedfordLittleLeague/files/ 2014RegistrationFormSpring.pdf
Tryouts are for players born *before 4/30/2007 interested in playing in Majors and Minors. Returning major league players do not need to tryout. Players need only attend ONE of the tryout sessions. Bring a glove and if they have their own helmet and bat.
See calendar above for dates and times for the different age ranges. Tryouts will be held in the Carzo Cage in Cousens Gym at Tufts.
*Previous correspondence had this inverted.
All of our leagues are focused on fun, teamwork, development, instruction and games. Below is a quick breakdown of our four leagues.
- Majors is our most competitive division and is made up of our most experienced players
- 3 games or practices a week (maybe 4, as schedule demands). Saturday afternoons and weeknights.
- Birth-date range: 5/1/2001 - 4/30/2004
- Commissioner Larry Shumway
- Our AAA and AA divisions of Minors are for players who have graduated Farm league but are not quite ready to face Major League pitching.
- Real games. Players pitch. AAA are for the older, more experienced players. AA are for the younger players who have played in our Farm league.
- 2-3 games or practices a week. Saturday afternoons and weeknights.
- Birth-date Range: 5/1/2002 - 4/30/2007
- AAA Commissioner Harold MacGilvray, AA Commissioner Jay Lombardo
- Players who have played in T-Ball are invited to play Farm.
- Still lots of development and instruction, but real-games and game situations. Coach pitch.
- 1-3 games or practices a week. Saturday afternoons and weeknights.
- Birth-date Range: 5/1/2005 - 4/30/2008
- Commissioner Joe Stover
- T-Ball is for our youngest players especially those who haven't played baseball in the league, and who can't hit coach-pitch.
- Saturday and Sunday Mornings for 90 minutes between 9 and 12.
- Birth-date Range: 5/1/2007 - 4/30/2010
- Commissioner Jay Dubuc
Anyone like to eat Mexican food? Every Wednesday for the month of February (12th, 19th & 26th) 15% of your food tab at Margaritas at Station Landing in Medford goes to MLL.
Be sure to mention Noche fundraiser for MLL when the check arrives.
More info coming about future MLL benefits from local restaurants and retailers!
Anyone interested in volunteering or have other fundraising or sponsorship ideas? Please get in touch with Mike Cataldo at cataldoMLL@comcast.net.
Reminder, there is a meeting for people interested in Majors & Minors Manager and Coaching positions on Feb 11, 7-9pm, Medford High School, room v220.
There will also be a meeting for anyone interested in helping with Concessions in March (TBD)... questions or ideas? Please email Chip O'Leary directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer opportunities & Committees: http://www.eteamz.com/ MedfordLittleLeague/news/ index.cfm?cat=886518
Want to help? or have any other ideas on how you can help MLL this season? Email the committee chair directly or email John D'Orazio at email@example.com
Medford Little League, Information Officer