Here are five things to know today, Tuesday, Dec. 11:
1. Gray skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face. A slight chance of showers before 8 a.m. today in Medford and mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny with a high near 48, according to the National Weather Service. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Tonight, mostly clear with a low around 26. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
2. Tax rates on the table. The Medford City Council meets tonight at 6 p.m. in the Council Office at City Hall to discuss the allocation of Fiscal 2013 Property Tax and an order on the tax rate of non-residential ownership properties.
3. Free skate at LoConte Rink. Free admission public skating is open today and every Tuesday from 10 a.m. to noon at the newly renovated LoConte Rink in Medford until late March 2013. Skate Rentals are available from the skate shop for $5.
4. Get fit with Medford Community Schools. Classes include Zumba with Nanci Palladino on Wednesday nights at 6:30 and Saturday morning at 8:50; Bootcamp with Kristine Barry on Monday and Wednesday nights; and Yoga on Tuesday nights at 6:30 for $5 in early 2013. For more info, "like" Medford Community Schools on Facebook.
5. Quilting Group. The Unitarian Universalist Church hosts regular two and a half hour quilting sessions every Tuesday night from 6-8:30 p.m. out of the Osgood House at the Unitarian Universalist Church. The group is run by Camilla Fox. It's a great opportunity to learn some new techniques, socialize and share some of your best work with fellow quilters in the community.