Here are five things to know today, Wednesday, Dec. 5:
1. Showers this morning, temperature drop tonight. There will be showers this morning according to the National Weather Service, and the temperature will fall to around 47 by 5 p.m. Tonight will be clear and cold with a low around 25, northwest wind around 16 mph.
2. Coats and winter clothing drive for homeless vets. The City of Medford's Veterans Services Office annual coat drive is still running through Friday, Dec. 14, accepted gently used winter coats and winter clothing for homeless Veterans. Drop off locations are:
- Medford City Hall, 85 George P. Hassett Drive
- Rep Paul Donato's Office, 271 Spring Street
- Council on Aging, 101 Riverside Avenue
- Medford Public Library, 111 High Street
- Medford Chamber of Commerce, 1 Shipyard Way, Suite G1
- Medford Police Station, 100 Main Street
Any questions or concerns can be directed to the Veterans Office at (781) 393-2504.
3. Play Go! Beginners and experienced players are welcome to join the Medford Public Library each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. to play Go. Go is a fascinating board game that originated in China more than 4,000 years ago, and teaches concentration, balance and discipline. All ages are welcome.
4. Midweek contemplative worship. All are invited to Commune—a contemplative worship service in the emergent tradition—Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the Congregational Church of West Medford, which is an Open and Affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ. The entrance to the Chapel is located on High Street.
5. You like, right now, you like me. Did you know that Medford Patch is on Facebook? Head on over and "Like" our Page to get headlines in your News Feed throughout the day, converse with your neighbors and get breaking news before it hits the site.