Here are five things to know today, Monday, Dec. 17:
1. Cold rain. There will be showers in Medford today, mainly before 1 p.m. according to the National Weather Service. High near 46. East wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. Tonight, rain with a low around 42. East wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
2. School Committee meets at 7 p.m. Among the items on the agenda are reports on the MHS Science Labs Initiative and reductions in state aid.
3. Children's sing-a-long. Join local musician Matt Heaton at Bestsellers Cafe this morning as he leads a children's sing-along at 10:30 a.m.
4. Morning Meditation and Self-Care. Start off your week at 10 a.m. at the Medford Public Library for this free weekly class. The basics of meditation will be discussed. Participants will do warm-up/self-care techniques to relax and release tension, then meditation.
5. LAST CHANCE—Share your store's holiday hours with everyone. Medford business owners—let us know your store or restaurant's hours on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. The article rounding up everyone's hours will run later this week.