Here are five things to know today, Tuesday, Dec. 18:
1. And the rain rain rain came down down down. Rain and possibly a thunderstorm today in Medford. Areas of fog. High near 57. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. Tonight, showers likely, mainly before 2 a.m.. Patchy fog before 1 a.m.. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Northwest wind 6 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
2. Tax rate public hearing tonight. The Medford City Council will hold a public hearing at 7 p.m. to hear from the Board of Assessors on the various factors and possible exemptions that will determine the tax rate for the coming year.
3. MHS Site Council meets. The Medford High School Site Council is scheduled to meet tonight from 6-8 p.m. in the viewing room at the MHS library.
4. Coffee House tonight. The latest GSA Coffee House is tonight from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the MHS lobby.
5. NO REALLY, LAST CHANCE—Share your store's holiday hours with everyone. Medford business owners—let us know your store or restaurant's hours on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. The article rounding up everyone's hours will run this week.