Here are five things to know today, Wednesday, Dec. 19:
1. Here comes the sun? A slight chance of showers before 3 p.m. in Medford today. Otherwise, partly sunny with a high near 47, according to the National Weather Service. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Tonight, mostly cloudy with a low around 31. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
2. Free special education workshop. Tonight at Andrews Middle School from 7-9 p.m., the Medford Special Education PAC and Bureau of Special Education Appeals will hold a free workshop called "Mediation in Special Education: What Is It and How Does it Work?" RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Blood drive today. A Medford Community Blood Drive will be held today at First Baptist Church of Medford from 2-7 p.m., sponsored by the church and the Medford Girl Scouts, the latter who will be selling cookies from 3-7 p.m. Also, all presenting donors will receive a coupon for a free Chili's Appetizer or Dessert.
4. Play Go! Beginners and experienced players are welcome to join the Medford Public Library each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. to play Go. Go is a fascinating board game that originated in China more than 4,000 years ago, and teaches concentration, balance and discipline. All ages are welcome.
5. Midweek contemplative worship. All are invited to Commune—a contemplative worship service in the emergent tradition—Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the Congregational Church of West Medford, which is an Open and Affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ. The entrance to the Chapel is located on High Street.