A Medford restaurant recently made a list of 10 “underrated Mexican restaurants” in the Boston area.
Tenoch made the list, “Your Guide to Boston’s Underrated Mexican Restaurants,” which was on Boston.com’s “The Restaurant Hub” blog.
Here’s what Boston.com’s Kara Baskin had to say about Tenoch:
Here, the staff is friendly, the prices are cheap, and the torta Tenoch — a beast of a sandwich with Telera bread, beans, pork, ham, Oaxaca cheese, chipotle mayo, avocado, and onions — is a thing of beauty. Enchiladas are light, simple, and best stuffed with chorizo and topped with a fiery chile de arbol.
Tenoch is at 24 Riverside Ave. in Medford Square. A new Tenoch recently opened at 3 Lewis St. in Boston’s North End.
Does Tenoch deserve to be on the list? Let us know in the comments below.
The rest of the list:
- Beantown Taqueria, 245 Mass. Ave., Cambridge
- Taqueria el Amigo, 196 Willow St., Waltham
- Tu Y Yo, 858 Broadway, Somerville
- Dorado Tacos, 401 Harvard St., Brookline
- La Posada, 1312 Mass. Ave., Arlington
- Taqueria Jalisco, 293 Bennington St., East Boston
- Cantina La Mexicana, 247 Washington St., Somerville
- Picante, 735 Mass. Ave., Cambridge
- Mi Pueblito, 333 Border St., East Boston