SONG OF THE DAY: "Swallow" by My Bloody Valentine
Good morning, Medford! Here are five things you need to know today, Thursday, Feb. 7:
1. FARMERS MARKET: Medford's Winter Farmers Market will be taking place today, as it does every Thursday through Feb. 28, at Hyatt Place in Medford Square from 3 to 7 p.m. More info available here.
2. NO SATURDAY MAIL DELIVERY?: What would you think if the U.S. Postal Service ended its Saturday mail service? Leave your thoughts here.
3. GET THE PATCH NEWSLETTER: Have you signed up for the Medford Patch Daily Newsletter yet? Each morning you can get Medford Patch news delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. It's totally free, so if you like what you read here, sign up now!
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: On February 7, 1964, Pan Am Yankee Clipper flight 101 from London Heathrow lands at New York's Kennedy Airport--and "Beatlemania" arrives. It was the first visit to the United States by the Beatles, a British rock-and-roll quartet that had just scored its first No. 1 U.S. hit six days before with "I Want to Hold Your Hand." At Kennedy, the "Fab Four"--dressed in mod suits and sporting their trademark pudding bowl haircuts--were greeted by 3,000 screaming fans who caused a near riot when the boys stepped off their plane and onto American soil. Information courtesy of History.com.
5. TODAY'S FORECAST: Mostly sunny in the morning, high of 23. Cloudy tonight with a 50 percent chance of snow, low of 23.