SONG OF THE DAY: "Where Are We Now?" by David Bowie
Good morning, Medford! Here are five things you need to know today, Thursday, Jan. 24:
1. FARMERS MARKET: Medford's Winter Farmers Market will be taking place today, as it does every Thursday through Feb. 28, at Hyatt Place in Medford Square from 3 to 7 p.m. More info available here.
2. YOU ASK...PATCH ANSWERS: We're starting up a weekly feature here at Medford Patch called "You Ask, Patch Answers." We are asking for your questions about anything involving Medford and we'll try to get the answer for you each week. You can leave your question here or e-mail email@example.com.
3. LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: Did you know Medford Patch is on Facebook? We're trying to get up to 1,000 likes as quickly as possible and we'd love to have your help. If you're on Facebook head over to our page and give us a like!
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: Canned beer makes its debut on this day in 1935. In partnership with the American Can Company, the Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company delivered 2,000 cans of Krueger's Finest Beer and Krueger's Cream Ale to faithful Krueger drinkers in Richmond, Virginia. Ninety-one percent of the drinkers approved of the canned beer, driving Krueger to give the green light to further production. Information courtesy of History.com.
5. TODAY'S FORECAST: Sunny and cold with a high of 20. Mostly clear with a low of 5 tonight and wind gusts up to 35 mph.