SONG OF THE DAY: "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth)" by George Harrison
Good morning, Medford! Here are five things you need to know today, Monday, Feb. 25:
1. PROBLEM CROSSWALKS: We're attempting put together a map of the problems crosswalks throughout the city of Medford. Leave a comment on this article with the location of a crosswalk that is dangerous in the city.
2. SCHOOL SECURITY UPGRADE: In case you missed it, Medford Public Schools can expect a security upgrade in the coming months.
3. GET THE PATCH NEWSLETTER: Have you signed up for the Medford Patch Daily Newsletter yet? Each morning you can get Medford Patch news delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. It's totally free, so if you like what you read here, sign up now!
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: On February 25, 1964, 22-year-old Cassius Clay shocks the odds-makers by dethroning world heavyweight boxing champ Sonny Liston in a seventh-round technical knockout. The dreaded Liston, who had twice demolished former champ Floyd Patterson in one round, was an 8-to-1 favorite. However, Clay predicted victory, boasting that he would "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" and knock out Liston in the eighth round. The fleet-footed and loquacious youngster needed less time to make good on his claim--Liston, complaining of an injured shoulder, failed to answer the seventh-round bell. A few moments later, a new heavyweight champion was proclaimed. Information courtesy of History.com.
5. TODAY'S FORECAST: Partly cloudy with highs around 40. Partly cloudy again tonight with a low of 30.