SONG OF THE DAY: "Boy Lilikoi" by Jonsi
Good morning, Medford! Here are five things you need to know today, Friday, Jan. 11:
1. NEW STOP & SHOP: The brand-new Stop & Shop at 471 Salem St. is set to hold its grand opening today at 10 a.m. The supermarket is located at the former Johnnie's Foodmaster location that closed in November.
2. REX TRAILER DIES: Do you remember Boston TV icon Rex Trailer? He passed away this week at 84. Share your remebrances here.
3. TWITTER MILESTONE: Thanks to our Twitter followers for helping Medford Patch reach 1,000 followers this week! If you're on Twitter and don't follow us yet you should to get the latest information on Medford.
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: On January 11, 1908, U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt declares the massive Grand Canyon in northwestern Arizona a national monument. Information courtesy of History.com.
5. TODAY'S FORECAST: Mostly sunny with a high of 48. Clouds arrive tonight with a chance of rain and a low of 38.