SONG OF THE DAY: "Demons" by the National
Good morning, Medford! Here are five things you need to know today, Tuesday, April 9:
1. CITY COUNCIL: The Medford City Council meets tonight at 7 p.m. in the Howard F. Alden Chambers of Medford City Hall. Here is their agenda.
2. BROWN GRANITE?: Do you think former U.S. Sen. Scott Brown should run for Senate in New Hampshire next year? Share your thoughts here.
3. GET THE PATCH NEWSLETTER: Have you signed up for the Medford Patch Daily Newsletter yet? Each morning you can get Medford Patch news delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. It's totally free, so if you like what you read here, sign up now!
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: At Appomattox, Virginia, Confederate General Robert E. Lee surrenders his 28,000 troops to Union General Ulysses S. Grant, effectively ending the American Civil War. Forced to abandon the Confederate capital of Richmond, blocked from joining the surviving Confederate force in North Carolina, and harassed constantly by Union cavalry, Lee had no other option. Information courtesy of History.com.
5. TODAY'S FORECAST: Mostly cloudy, showers likely in the morning, high of 70. Partly cloudy tonight with a 40 percent chance of showers, low of 49.