Some of the best things about growing up in Medford were:
- Birthday parties at the original Burger King play area -- all metal and wood -- we were tougher back then.
- Kickball during recess
- Street hockey outside the Kennedy Elementary after school
- 'Free' magazines from the Smoke Shop
- Toni's by George after half days at the Lincoln Junior High
- Homeroom vs homeroom bombardment (dodge ball) tournaments during lunch.
- April vacation carnivals in Medford Square
- Friday night dances at St. Joseph's
- Friday night dances at St. Francis
- Keg parties
- Any class with Mr. Camarra or Mr. McDevitt
- Office study with Mrs D'Antonio
- Always knowing someone who worked concessions at Fenway Park.
- Late night/early morning calzones from Espresso's
- Obnoxious Bickford's outings after night in Boston -- apologies to any former staff who had to deal with us!
And just as Rick Pitino lamented, some of these things will not be walking through that door ever again.