(All events are in walking distance from Orange Line stops on the MBTA.)
- FREE CELEBRITY CHEF FOOD TRUCK: On Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. the "Macy's Chefs A Go-Go" national food truck show rolls into the with free food prepared by celebrity chef Ming Tsai of and Simply Ming.
Take the Orange Line to Back Bay Station and walk 10 minutes to the Prudential Center.
- : On Sundays from 8 p.m. to midnight the in the South End features Boston Soul, a core band of Boston's legendary Soul-Men with a revolving door of Soul guests. There's nothing like this in Boston.
Take the Orange Line to Back Bay Station and walk 10 minutes to the restaurant.
- ARTS & CRAFTS AT THE FROG POND: On Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. art workshops for children of all ages are taught at the Frog Pond on Boston Common. Free.
Take the Orange Line to Downtown Crossing and walk 5 minutes.
- WEST SIDE STORY: Last chance to see this classic reworking of Romeo and Juliet at the Colonial Theater. On Saturday, shows at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Tickets from $39.60 to $128 or check out BosTix to see if they'll have 1/2 price day-of-the-show tickets.
Take the Orange Line to Chinatown Station and walk 3 minutes to the theater.
- : On Sunday at 1 p.m. listen to saxophonist Jesse Scheinin on this Boston Harbor island as part of the 's "Summer in the City" program. The concert is free. Ferry ride is $14 for adults; $8 for children under 12. Check out the ferry schedule here.
Take the Orange Line to Haymarket Station and walk 10 minutes to Long Wharf where you take a ferry to the island.