A Medford contractor faces an assault charge after being arrested at his Canal Street office Tuesday, according to police.
Police were initially called to Joseph S. Savini Contractors at 40 Canal St. about 6:45 a.m. Tuesday, when they arrested Shawn Savini, 29, of 9 Prescott St. on a charge of assault and battery, according to the police log.
About an hour later, they arrested the owner of the business, Joseph Savini, 57, of 84 Ravine Road, on a charge of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
It isn't the first time police have been called to the address. In July 2011, Nicholas Savini, 24, was arrested twice in the same day at the business.
Here's a look at some of the events from the police log (Charges are alleged. Locations, events and times appear as they are recorded by police):
Monday, Sept. 24
- 8:39 p.m., larceny, 20 Sycamore Ave.
- 6:13 p.m., assault, Playstead Road and Winthrop St.
- 7:23 p.m., assault, Hickey Park
- ARREST: 7:48 p.m., 7 Playstead Road Info: Shannan Eisnor, 24 Touro Ave., operating under the influence of liquor (first offense)
Tuesday, Sept. 25
- ARREST: 6:42 a.m., 40 Canal St. Info: Shawn Savini, 29, 9 Prescott St., assault and battery
- ARREST: 7:57 a.m., 40 Canal St. Info: Joseph Savini, 57, 84 Ravine Road, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon
- 9:13 a.m., shoplifting, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Kohl's)
- 10:47 a.m., assault, 440 Riverside Ave.
- 1:15 p.m., shoplifting, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Kohl's)
- 4:30 p.m., shoplifting, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Kohl's)
- 6:23 p.m., vandalism, 575 Riverside Ave.
- 10:08 p.m., vandalism, 29 Gordon Road
Wednesday, Sept. 26
- 9:01 a.m., larceny, 116 High St. (St. Joseph's Church)
- ARREST: 116 High St. Info: James Huguley, 48, 102 Exchange Ave., larceny from a building
- 2:29 p.m., breaking and entering, 54 Jackson Road
- 4:19 p.m., vandalism, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Meadow Glen Mall)
- 5:25 p.m., assault, 147 Fellsway West
- 9:11 p.m., fight, 590 Fellsway (CVS)
- 9:46 p.m., vandalism, 107 Harvard Ave.
- 10:32 p.m., attempted robbery, 60 High St. (Colleen's)
Thursday, Sept. 27
- 7:23 a.m., larceny of a motor vehicle, 2151 Mystic Valley Parkway (Whole Foods)
- 1:15 p.m., assault, 75 Riverside Ave. (Riverside Mall)
- 1:58 p.m., larceny, 235 Main St.
- ARREST: 1:21 p.m., 93 Playstead Road Info: Leo Henry, 51, 93 Playstead Road, outstanding warrants
- 4:28 p.m., breaking and entering, 41 Harvard St.
- 6:28 p.m., larceny, 73 Harvard Ave.
- 10:10 p.m., larceny of a motor vehicle, 69 Evans St.