Two people were arrested this week after forged checks were allegedly passed at Stop and Shop supermarket on the Fellsway.
Cindy Carley, 26 of Dorchester was arrested about 4:45 p.m. Monday at Stop and Shop after police received a report of counterfeit checks being passed there, according to the police log. Carley is charged with uttering a false check and forgery of a check, as well as outstanding warrants stemming from charges of larceny by check and use of another's personal identificaiton, according to police.
On Tuesday, about 5 p.m., Brian Corcoran, 26, of Waltham, turned himself in to Medford police on two counts of larceny over $250, two counts of forgery of a check, and one count each of larceny over $250 by false pretenses, uttering a false check and larceny from a building, according to police. Corcorand also faced an outstanding warrant stemming from a charge of attempt to commit a crime.
Here's a look at some of the events from the police log (Charges are alleged. Locations, events and times appear as they are recorded by police):
Monday, Aug. 13
- ARREST: 10:10 a.m., 440 Riverside Ave. Info: Michael Hammond, 41, Haverhill, outstanding warrant
- 1:26 p.m., larceny, 760 Fellsway (Stop and Shop)
- 1:47 p.m., breaking and entering, 408 Main St.
- 4:23 p.m., larceny, 18 Canal St.
- 4:48 p.m., counterfeit money passed, 760 Fellsway (Stop and Shop)
- ARREST: 4:48 p.m., 760 Fellsway Info: Cindy Carley, 26, Dorchester, uttering a false check, forgery of a check, outstanding warrants
- 8:15 p.m., larceny, 17 Morrison St.
- 11:19 p.m., shoplifting, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Kohl's)
- ARREST: 11:19 p.m., 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway Info: Erin Sullivan, 32, Somerville, larceny over $250
- 11:33 p.m., fight, 143 Exchange Ave.
Tuesday, Aug. 14
- ARREST: 4:54 p.m., 100 Main St. Info: Brian Corcoran, 26, Waltham, larceny over $250 (two counts), larceny over $250 by false pretenses, forgery of a check (two counts), uttering a false check, larceny from a building, outstanding warrant
- 9:22 a.m., shoplifting, 61 Locust St. (Shaw's)
- 10:53 a.m., vandalism, 24 Congress Ave.
- 7:20 p.m., vandalism, 428 Salem St.
Wednesday, Aug. 15
- 9:21 a.m., larceny of a motor vehicle, 43 Winthrop St.
- 11:32 a.m., larceny, 116 Riverside Ave. (Hyatt Place Hotel)
- ARREST: 5:36 p.m., 454 Salem St. Info: Jonathan Devereaux, 23, no address given, possession of a class A drug, possession to distribute a drug, outstanding warrant
- 8:53 p.m., larceny from a motor vehicle, Tufts Park
- 11:57 p.m., vandalism, 50 Newbern Ave.
Thursday, Aug. 16
- ARREST: 9:17 a.m., 100 Main St. Info: Ronald Pierre, 28, Dorchester, outstanding warrant
- 12:15 p.m., larceny, 395 Riverside Ave.
- 5:33 p.m., shoplifting, 3850 Mystic Valley Parkway (Kohl's)